Friday 20 November 2009

Digital Greenwich - Composition

I was kind-of frustrated with this project (not any more!) and that's why I didn't post anything for a week now on this topic. My problem was that in a general sense everyone in the group thought we should produce stuff; draw the building, design t-shirts, make the website theme etc. My part was (surprise!) the website and, though i started it  (my obsession with the grey palette lately is obvious) something felt completely wrong, like it wasn't worthy to go on with the website.





Apart from this project I started reading books for my essay for the Research Class, so I went on with that and kept the Greenwich concept in the back of my head. On Tuesday I was summing up my notes on Digital Greenwich, in which it was clear that the council is asking us for ideas - alone. And then I read the brief once again, which said "Produce a proposal..". At that moment I thought that the missing part was how all these ideas which were plenty and interesting (approved by Martin) could be combined and make a sense as one concept. 


So I gathered all the ideas we have ever said for Digital Greenwich (Apolline and I did this together) and tried to combine them. In my presentation I wanted only to refer these ideas, because most of them were not mine, so it won't be fair otherwise. Then I thought Marketing could be the node which connects all our ideas and, since I'm keen on Marketing and Advertising anyway, I studied a bit about that. The outcome was this presentation:




To-do
On Thursday we had the scheduled meeting with Martin and showed him our progress. Now the project is at the last stage which is the presentation. My part is to create the presentation (slides and narration) and truth be told I asked for it. I think we had many good ideas and a really nice concept could come out of it. I'll definitely do my best.. The bad thing is that it's not easy; to make a presentation which is (1) helpful, (2) makes sense and at the same time (3) captivates the audience. The good thing is that I'm so into it.. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment