Sunday 11 October 2009

Literature Review Project - New Media and Nike, approved


Approval

A couple of days ago I contacted Mr. Mark asking him if the subject I had chosen for my literature review (The use of new media by Nike and its reflect on Nike's profile and profits.) was acceptable. The answer was that it is a very good place to start from, while he also suggested to look at the counter arguments and include branding and brand identity literature in my review.

The sources
The sources I will use for my literature review are firstly the library of Ravensbourne College and then websites such as: Google Books, which contains published books in digital form, Scribd.com, which is a similar service, and of course the Google itself, since its arguably THE most powerful search engine as this post is written.

I will also try the library of City University of London, taking advantage of the fact that our course is verified by City University, giving to all the MA students of Ravensbourne the advantage of using their library. I already checked the Library of London, which doesn't contain any book refering to Nike as the world-brand and not as the Greek =) ancient godess.



Coming next
For Tuesday (when we were asked to "mind-map" the sources we will use) I will firstly try to list all the sources (books, articles, etc.) which will be contained in my literature review and then find the each-other relations. The counter arguments which I will try to find, following Mr. Mark's guidance, should also be shown in the mind-map.

No comments:

Post a Comment